I’m nerdboy64. I’m a gamer, artist, and amateur programmer with a slight case of Anglophilia and an obsession with powers of two. I got my start in Minecraft modding, but have since branched out into (attempts at) making my own games. There’s no money involved; it’s merely a fun hobby and what I work on depends on what sounds interesting at the moment.
Shipyard Pre-alpha version 0.7.0 is coming along nicely! Here are some things you can expect in the near future:
- Randomly-generated worlds with multiple sectors
- Warp gates transport you between sectors
- Sectors can generate with different backgrounds
- Saving and loading of worlds
- Planets (decorative at the moment)
- Sector Map screen, showing the locations of everything in the current sector in a nice, color-coded format
Here’s a picture of the new world options screen, which displays when starting a new game:
You can read in detail about the update here.